Heat Pump Repair, Replacement & Installation Service
Heat pumps extract heat from the air. In the summer, it extracts the heat from your home and transfers it outside. Surprisingly, even when it feels extremely cold outside, there is heat in the air. In the winter, a heat pump extracts heat from the outside air and transfers it inside your home. And, when it’s too cold to collect any heat from the outside air, a heat pump system contains an electric heater that kicks in. These systems are extremely efficient in our generally mild Atlanta climate, producing two to three times more heat than the system uses. Heat pumps can be an energy-saving option to add to your existing HVAC system because they will never run at the same time as your existing furnace. The heat pump system functions as the primary heating and cooling system but your existing furnace takes over when the temperature drops. Each system runs when it is the most cost-efficient option.
Heat pumps are highly cost-effective options for heating and cooling our Atlanta homes. Common repair issues include noisy operation in older models and pressure problems usually resulting from a faulty compressor or evaporator. If your heat pump needs repairing or replacing, or you are considering adding on a heat pump system to your Atlanta home, contact Bardi Heating, Cooling & Plumbing today!
Atlanta HVAC Unit Maintenance & Tune-up
Yearly maintenance on your Atlanta HVAC unit will save you money, keep your family safe, prevent expensive repair bills and prolong the life of your system. Just like a car needs its oil changed and the tires rotated, all mechanical systems need periodic tune-ups.
During a maintenance visit, an expert and courteous Bardi Heating, Cooling & Plumbing technician will complete the following services:
- Check the vent system and air intake grilles, and remove any blockages
- Inspect the heat exchanger for signs of corrosion or damage
- Examine electrical connections, tightening or replacing damaged wiring as necessary
- Clean the blower, and remove dirt and debris
- Test the blower motor’s amp draw
- Check the burner and flame sensor
- Examining the belts for any signs of damage or cracks
- Test the thermostat and calibrate as needed
- Lubricate moving parts
- Replace the air filter
- Check and test the system’s safety controls and startup cycle
For oil or gas furnaces, additional steps included in furnace maintenance services include:
- Inspecting lines for leaks
- Testing gas pressure, the burner, and pilot light
- Checking the thermocouple
To make sure you don’t overlook this important yearly task, Bardi Heating, Cooling & Plumbing offers affordable maintenance plans for our Atlanta customers.
HVAC Maintenance Plan Benefits
- Two annual maintenance visits
- 15% discount on repairs
- Top-of-list preferred scheduling
- Satisfaction guaranteed warranty on parts and labor
- Free Standard 1″ filter per system