As colder weather begins to sweep across the country, it is important to consider scheduling an inspection to prevent furnace problems. Just like your car needs regular maintenance and tune-ups to run at optimal efficiency, your furnace needs special attention, too — preferably before the cold weather creeps in!
Regular furnace maintenance has plenty of benefits: improving efficiency, reducing your monthly heating bills, extending your unit’s lifespan and ensuring that your holiday parties and cold winter nights remain warm and cozy.
5 Problems To Prevent Furnace Problems by Scheduling an Inspection:
- Dirty filters – A dirty filter can make air circulation in your home more difficult. Helpful hint: replacing filters once a month improves air quality, resulting in fewer allergies and respiratory distress. Bardi technicians always bring extra filters on service calls, so they’re ready to replace dirty air filters for you.
- Furnace not producing enough heat – If your furnace is not heating properly, it could be due to a faulty thermostat.
- Making unusual noises – Like your car, if your furnace begins making a weird or unusual noise, then it is most likely not running efficiently and time to consider maintenance.
- Energy costs increasing – Lack of maintenance on your furnace can cause your furnace to run inefficiently and can lead to energy bills increasing. Helpful hint: during the winter months, keep your thermostat on 68 degrees for lower energy bills.
- Normal wear & tear – Normal wear and tear can create air flow problems and even cause your furnace to overheat.