Your heating and air conditioning system is just like any other complex mechanical system in that the more care you take with preventative maintenance, the longer it will last. This helps to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. It can also save money on energy through making sure that your HVAC unit is operating efficiently.
A thorough AC inspection should include the following:Check thermostat settings.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils.
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow.
- Check air filters and replace as needed.
Taking a little time at the beginning of each cooling season can save you loads of time and money in the long run, by making sure that your air conditioning system minimizes the wear and tear due to poor maintenance. And you can rejoice in the knowledge that the increase in efficiency for a properly maintained heat and air conditioning system will save far more money than the cost of the ac tune up.
For more information about how Bardi’s trained technicians can extend the life of your air conditioning, click here.
About the Author:
Bardi Heating & Air, rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, has been a trusted heating and cooling company providing superior AC, Heating and Plumbing care in Atlanta for nearly 25 years. Bardi will ‘always, always, always do the right thing.’ Hear it right from our customers: Bardi.com
© 2013 by Bardi Heating & Air. All Rights Reserved.